Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Escape the room game 
nigec

I've done a small escape the room game with Truespace and Awakening; it features AVI textures in a cubic node, AVI animated sequences 2D nodes, along with Vincents great adventure game scripts Smile

I'm on writing up a tutorial to how the cubic images and other game assets where done in TS and converted to DDS and how the whole thing came together in Awakening
The tutorial so far is here but there's things I need change as I was writing it as I did the game but quite a lot changed Rolling Eyes

If anyone is using XP i need to know if the drawer animation works, I have had issues but I change it so hopefully its ok now

matty47

Pretty smooth although hot spots sometimes a bit hard to find ( switch in draw). Draw animation ran OK although once open could not close. This may be default behaviour - I did not check. No problems with anything actuallly running
Windows XP SP2 - AMD X2 4800, 2gb RAM, NVidia 8400 GS 512mB
Thanks for sharing
Matthew

nigec

Thanks Matthew
No the Draw doesn't close, I decided against that after I realised there was a problem, its only happened on 2 PC's up to now, the last report it was only doing it full screen
I actually made that hotspot bigger, but its not really obvious it actually there Embarassed
I still want to add a NPC to have a conversation with and generally make it smoother, I stopped the cubic room moving if the cursor re enters low

I had a go at doing hidden object game, and thats really easy to do Wink

nigec

I've now got an animated 3D character in the cubic room, also you can have a conversation with him, with sound and lip sync, I still polishing it off but I'll update the link later tomorrow

nigec

The new version has a 3D character, 3D light on the ceiling, and an animated conversation, with sound
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/awakening/web/cubic.rar

Vincent

The character and conversation looks nice! Also, you can try to enable Standard Viewport, so the game can runs well in fullscreen.

nigec

Quote:
enable Standard Viewport

I realised after i uploaded it,it was disabled Rolling Eyes my friend who has the problem with the AVI's resizing mention it.
Its strange the AVI in the window doesn't resize its the ones on the timeline.

I'm going to be offline for a few weeks,I'll get the tutorial written up and post it when I get back Wink
you can get an awesome water effect with the AVI's, I'll try to post the 3D scene later today

nigec

http://files.filefront.com/edv1rar/;13178922;/fileinfo.html
Here's a all 3D scene with bones animation and an AVI texture, all you can do is open the door.. right click for inventory