Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Awakening for Mac? 
nigec

Would it be posssible to do a mac port for awakening, I know quite a few game developers, using Mac machines that are looking for affordable 3D solutions, the only one that comes close is Panda3D but it seems to be hard work to compile to Mac

flim

I work for an international electronic product company, and I am working on the company website. I am considering to put some 3D model on web page, unfortunately Awakening cannot publish web content for Mac, I need to look for something else.

I want a Mac port for publish web content, so I can convince the company to buy a copy of Awakening for 3D web content.

nigec

I guess directX is going to be the stumbling block? and the use of an exe on the web version

Java 3D is a lot nicer than Flash, Adobe where really caught dragging their heels with that one, there is some nice flash stuff coming out but its no where near as nice as what Awakening can do

Vincent

Sure, as Awakening use DirectX 3D, porting it to Mac is difficult. No time to do this currently, but it's still possible in future.