Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Awakening now freeware? 
dazza101

I just noticed the addition on the frontpage saying that Awakening 3.6 is freeware - is this a change of direction for the software?

Vincent

Yes, Awakening 3.6 is complete free; but AwakeningII is not necessarily free.

dazza101

Now that is an interesting answer! Are there any more details on AwakeningII that you are willing to share at this time?

nigec

One question I keep meaning to ask is; will it be focused as presentation software or towards the game industry?

Vincent

There is a rnl demo made by the new version of Awakening. The demo use hdr textures and HLSL Shaders.
Game Application is always important for Awakening; In fact, the aspect of AwakeningII will not change much to current version. Name it with 'II' just as it use dx9.0c and cann't be full compatible with aw3.6. Mainly, AwakeningII is change d3d api to dx9.0c and supports most dx9 features like HLSL, subsurface scattering, hdr (native hdr lightmap), etc. If you have good idea about AwakeningII, welcome post here.

nigec

some sort of visible range on lights would be cool, like a semi transparent sphere round point lights, cone on spots.. lights where always the thing I struggled with
Maybe away to choose whether to use the scene post menu, for bloom etc as a check box option rather than having to set it up in every scene

from a game engine side
path finding and better 3rd person support, a following camera would be very cool in 3rd person

Vincent

Quote:
some sort of visible range on lights would be cool, like a semi transparent sphere round point lights, cone on spots.. lights where always the thing I struggled with

This could be achieved, good idea.

Quote:
Maybe away to choose whether to use the scene post menu, for bloom etc as a check box option rather than having to set it up in every scene

Maybe need template for posts; setting the bloom effect is some inconvenient currently sure. Also, there is a 'r_post' console variable for enable/disable all posts.

Quote:

from a game engine side path finding and better 3rd person support, a following camera would be very cool in 3rd person

This had better be achieved by LUA scripting.