Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 trueSpace 7.6 
flim

Hi I am new here and just purchased Awakening 3.0. As trueSpace 7.6 is free now, is there any tutorial for import model from tS?

nigec

3DS from TS usually work first time, just ensure the textures are in the Awakening, make a folder for your model within the Awakening texture folder and everything should work fine
Or use the LUUV export but i have better results with 3DS
I rarely have problems with static objects

if you cut holes out of primitives remember to trianglate the model before exporting

flim

I tried save as .X format in Workspace mode, but when import in Awakening the model just white. I see the texture load in the Texture tab. What's wrong?

nigec

Like with 3DS save your model and texture in a folder within Awakening texture folder, then when you compile the texture will come part of your saved scene

flim

I export the sample model (Hotrod) from tS 7.6 workspace to a folder, I got a .x file and a folder with texture in dds format.

Then I import in Awakening as Mobile, the mesh load successfully but no skin, just a white model, I also found the texture load in texture panel.

Now how can I make the model skin properly?

Edit:

Is it not possible to import a textured model? or I must load the mesh, and then assign the texture in Awakening?

nigec

same problem Confused
hopefully Vincent can shed some light on it?

3DS works ok, i use them all the time, but i've always had issues with X format out of TS in other software so i tend to stay clear.. until now i need animation

flim

How to export textured 3DS model in tS7.6?

I think import .X with texture and animation is high priority.

nigec

With 3DS, i have a sub folder inside Awakenings texture folder were i save the textures as i create them for the model, if the model has holes you need to trianglate, i just save the model as 3DS in the sub folder with the textures
if you use a path outside of awakening when you first import it will show textures but as soon as you compile it it won't import the textures and the whole model will go white, it'll only pick out textures from awakenings default texture folders and anything within it

Use only image based textures, colours etc it'll just ignore, but that goes for most apps

If your running Vista, run in compatability mode. and turn off all the Vista pretty stuff

Vincent

I have just written a tutorial for exporting models from tureSpace7.6. The static model works well; for the skinning model, the new .x exporter in ts7 can export animation, but no texture; the old .x exporter of ts6 can export textures well, but no animation, Sad
we are trying to solve the problem, please care the forum.